Monday, April 6, 2015

It's All Such a Blur!' Nah, Not to Me

(On Remembering the Past with Potent Lucidity)

Many people, when asked about their youthful past, would tend to quip, "It's now all a blur to me!" Why? Maybe because they had more bad than good experiences so they didn't want to remember as much about it; or, worse, they were always pharmaceutically or alcoholically high during the heyday of their youthful days so remembering becomes a mental challenge for them, a sort of a mental disability.


Not to me. The 1990s to me is only like yesterday. I remember so many things, activities, places and faces, music and events. In fact, I still remember so many events in my childhood in the 1970s, what more in the 1990s. Why? Most likely because I'm a very introspective and retrospective person. I love remembering and documenting things. I love music, which could be an effective bookmark for such memories. I love writing, which caused me to document many highlights in my life. And ultimately, I never dabbled in any mind-altering substances; never even engaged in alcohol drinking; and this has made my mind as naturally potent and functional as it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment